Home Fire Sprinkler Display Guide
A Complete Guide to Building and Using a NFPA 13D Display to Educate Your Community
The new Home Fire Sprinkler Display Kit contains instructions for building a portable display that shows the inner workings of an NFPA 13D home fire sprinkler system, various sprinkler options and how to do a flow test. It can be customized to match local system requirements.
Using Your Home Fire Sprinkler Display
- State Fair
- Home Shows and Building Trade Shows
- Fire Prevention Week Activities
- Safety Fair
- Fire Station Open Houses
- Vocational-technical high school competitions
- Parent-Teacher conferences
- Safety Day
- Partner with a homebuilder who o ers sprinklers as a way to educate during open houses.
- Bring the display to area chapter meetings of your local homebuilders’ association to accompany your presentation.
- Present the display at the Building Department so homebuilders can see it when they bring plans in for approval.
- Get on the agenda of your Planning and Zoning Boards and bring the display to explain the value of trade ups to encourage sprinklering of new developments.
- Present the display at your Town/Village Hall.
- Share the display during Town/Village meetings, elections and other public events.