Fire Sprinkler Facts
Home Fire Sprinklers Provide Affordable, Reliable and Effective Protection for Your Family
- Home fire sprinklers can contain and may even extinguish a fire in less time than it would take the fire department to arrive on the scene.
- Approximately 300 Canadians die in fires each year. Fire sprinklers save lives, reduce property loss and can even help cut homeowner insurance premiums.
- Installing both smoke alarms and fire sprinklers reduces the risk of death in a home fire by 82%, relative to having neither.
- Only the sprinkler closest to the fire will activate, spraying water directly on the fire. 90% of fires are contained by the operation of just one sprinkler head.
- On average, home fire sprinklers cost $1.35 per square foot to- On average, home fire sprinklers cost 1%-2% of the total value of the home in new construction.
- Home fire sprinklers use only a fraction of the water used by fire department hoses. .
- Home fire sprinklers are as reliable as home plumbing systems.
- Modern residential sprinklers can be mounted flush with walls or ceilings making them aesthetically pleasing.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions about fire sprinklers.